For many, the challenges of caring for an elderly family member are simply part of daily life. Caregiving, however, is a demanding job, and taking a break can be a positive step for both the caregiver and his or her loved one. Vassar-Warner Home’s respite care program is licensed by the New York State Department of Health and offers caregivers an opportunity to travel, or simply take a break to relieve stress, restore energy and promote balance in their lives.
Stays can be reserved for four or more days, up to 42 days in a calendar year. Accommodations are based on availability and the guest’s ability to meet admission guidelines.
Respite Care Services
- Engaged and attentive staff are available 24-hours per day to address personal care needs
- Newly updated 24-hour, wireless emergency call system
- Three nutritious meals, healthy snacks, and all-day beverage service are offered daily
- On-site wellness services, including primary care, podiatry, pharmaceutical, laboratory, and mental wellness
- Coordination of medical care and transportation arrangements
- Housekeeping, linen, and laundry services—we even iron!
- Scheduled recreational outings
- Building maintenance, inside and out
Respite Care amenities
- On-site convenience store, The Shopping Place, offering sundries and treats—chocolate is a favorite purchase!
- Comfortable private, furnished room
- On-site resident banking
- Wi-Fi access throughout the building
- Cable TV in common area and in respite room
- On-site unisex full-service salon for residents
- Interactive activities program
- Decorated common areas and landscaped grounds
- Well-stocked library of books and games
- Large parlor for group activities such as movies, karaoke, entertainment, weekly happy hour and birthday celebrations
- Small lounge for small group activities or quiet reading
- Elevators access to all floors
- Beautiful verandas with scenic views
Emergency Equipment & Plans
Vassar-Warner Home has an evacuation and disaster plan. We hold monthly fire drills on alternating shifts to familiarize residents and staff with emergency evacuation routes and procedures. Our building is equipped with a full-capacity generator and a 72-hour fuel supply for power outages.