Comfortable, private rooms. A full-service salon for men and women. A stocked library of favorite books and games. Group activities and outings. Seniors living at Vassar-Warner Home enjoy a warm and caring homelife in the company of their peers.
Because the Vassar-Warner Adult Home allows seniors to live independently with assistance, as needed, for basic daily activities—like showering, scheduling doctors’ appointments, taking medication and such—our residents are freed from concerns about infringing on their grown children in the attendance of their personal care. And, their families don’t worry that their loved ones’ personal needs met or that they’re missing out on social activities.
All our activities and programs reflect our residents wishes, rather than following the stringent model of a nursing home, where programs cater to the complex medical needs of its patients. Our home, after all, is our seniors’ home.
Our Adult Home basics
- The home is licensed by the New York State Department of Health
- Our residents range in age from 50 to over 100
- All our resident rooms are private
- Accommodations for couples are available
Adult Home Services
- An engaged and attentive staff that is available 24-hours per day to address personal care needs
- A newly updated 24-hour, wireless emergency call system
- Three nutritious meals, daily, plus healthy snacks, and all-day beverage service
- Convenient, on-site wellness services, including primary care, podiatry, pharmaceutical, laboratory and mental wellness offerings.
- The coordination of medical care and transportation arrangements
- Individual support through advocacy
- Housekeeping, linen and laundry services—we even iron!
- Scheduled recreational outings
- Ongoing building maintenance, inside and out.
Adult Home Amenities
- An on-site convenience store, The Shopping Place, which offers sundries and treats—chocolate is a favorite purchase!
- Comfortable private, furnished rooms where residents may choose to bring their personal furnishings
- An on-site resident banking facility
- A telephone jack in every room
- Wi-Fi throughout the building for fast and easy internet connectivity
- A cable-serviced TV in the common area plus accessible cable connections in each private room
- An on-site unisex full-service salon for residents
- A varied and stimulating activities program, plus a Residents Council, and volunteer advocates
- A well-stocked library of books and games
- A large parlor for expansive group activities like movies, karaoke, entertainment, weekly happy hours and birthday parties
- A small lounge for intimate group activities and quiet reading
- Elevators access to all floors
- Graciously decorated common areas and landscaped grounds
- Beautiful verandas with gorgeous views
Emergency Equipment & Plans
Vassar-Warner Home’s emergency evacuation and disaster plan includes monthly fire drills held on alternating shifts to familiarize residents and staff with emergency evacuation routes and procedures. Additionally, our building is equipped with a full-capacity generator and a 72-hour fuel supply for power outages.