Vassar-Warner Home is a not-for-profit, mission-driven organization. Our mission is to serve seniors and their families desiring an independent lifestyle with the added comfort and protection of assistance when needed. The residents make up a culturally, socially and economically diverse community in which the staff, volunteers and trustees seek to provide the compassion and warmth of a true home and the highest quality of service.
The funding we receive through charitable contributions is generally spent in the following three areas:
- Granting subsidies to residents whose incomes are not sufficient to cover their living costs (this is important to those who might otherwise be forced to move prematurely to a nursing home)
- Offering competitive wages and benefits to recruit top-notch staff
- Maintaining and preserving the historic Vassar-Warner Home building
How You Can Give
1. Make an annual donation. We are grateful for all donations, no matter how small. Our giving tiers are:
- Pillar ($2,500 or more)
- Sponsor ($1000 – $2499)
- Champion ($50 – $999)
- Advocate ($250- $499)
- Supporter ($100-$249)
2. Name Vassar-Warner Home as a beneficiary in your will.
- Bequest a portion of your estate or create an endowment that generates income in perpetuity.
3. Celebrate a birthday, graduation, wedding, or a life well lived.
- Designate Vassar-Warner Home as a recipient of birthday, graduation, wedding, or memorial gifts.
4. Fund a project.
- Our next major project is to renovate our Personal Care Department. We are actively seeking donations for this project, but if you have another project in mind, we welcome your suggestions.
5. Contribute to our Endowment
Donors are added to our mailing list to receive newsletters and invitations to many of our social occasions throughout the year.
For more information about making a donation, contact:
Phone: 845-454-3754 (Extension 14)