Talking To Your Loved Ones
The first step in the admission process, once you’ve had an initial visit, is to arrange a full on-site interview and tour with our case manager or executive director. Visitors will have a chance to walk the halls and view the rooms and common areas to get a true feel for the residence.
After the tour and interview – and assuming all agree that Vassar-Warner Home would be an ideal fit—our case manager or executive director will guide you through the admission process and help choose a move-in date. We encourage everyone to ask any unanswered questions at any point along the way. Choosing a place to live for you or a loved one can be daunting, but the staff at Vassar-Warner Home is here to help and make the transition as smooth as possible.
To arrange a full on-site interview and tour, contact Executive Director, Ericka Von Salews by phone at 845-454-3754 extension 11 or via e-mail at email@example.com.
Assisted Living Program basics
- Our program is licensed by the New York State Department of Health
- We offer 15 assisted living quarters
Assisted Living Program services
- An engaged and attentive staff that is available 24-hours per day to address personal care needs
- A newly updated 24-hour, wireless emergency call system
- Three nutritious meals, daily, plus healthy snacks, and all-day beverage service
- Convenient, on-site wellness services, including primary care, podiatry, pharmaceutical, laboratory and mental wellness offerings
- Provisions for physical, occupational, and speech therapies
- Individual care plans to identify and address each resident’s care needs
- The coordination of medical care and transportation arrangements
- Housekeeping, linen and laundry services—we even iron!
- Scheduled recreational outings
- Ongoing building maintenance, inside and out
Assisted Living Program amenities
- An on-site convenience store, The Shopping Place, which offers sundries and treats—chocolate is a favorite purchase!
- Comfortable private, furnished rooms where residents may choose to bring their personal furnishings
- An on-site resident banking facility
- A telephone jack in every room
- Wi-Fi throughout the building for fast and easy internet connectivity
- A cable-serviced TV in the common area plus accessible cable connections in each private room
- An on-site unisex full-service salon for residents
- A varied and stimulating activities program, plus a Residents Council , and volunteer advocates
- A well-stocked library of books and games
- A large parlor for expansive group activities like movies, karaoke, entertainment, weekly happy hours and birthday parties
- A small lounge for intimate group activities and quiet reading
- Elevators access to all floors
- Graciously decorated common areas and landscaped grounds
- Beautiful verandas with gorgeous views
Emergency Equipment & Plans
Vassar-Warner Home’s emergency evacuation and disaster plan includes monthly fire drills held on alternating shifts to familiarize residents and staff with emergency evacuation routes and procedures.